Monday 23 May 2016

There is a new kid on the block


“Creative, enthusiastic and skilled – That’s what we were looking for in our new Projects and Communications Officer and I believe that’s what we got. Miriam has a background in journalism and event management, a keen eye for photography, videography and design and will be a great asset for Western Riverina Arts and our future projects.”

(Derek Motion, RADO, Western Riverina Arts)

Dear Followers, fellow Art Lovers and Artists,


I would like to take the opportunity and introduce the new kid on the block which would be…well ME! So lets start with the basics, shall we: My name is Miriam Rystedt, I am 33 years young, married, mother to a beautiful baby boy and I was born and raised on the other side of the world in Germany. I came to Australia to take some time off from my job as a journalist, write a book while traveling and simply fell in love with this country, which explains why I am still here six years later and now call Griffith my hometown. 

I am a professionally trained journalist with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in media, politics and sociology and I am looking forward to combine my passion for arts with my enthusiasm for communication and help Western Riverina Arts with their developmental and promotional work and the aim to sustain the Riverina’s rich and diverse culture by offering a helping hand for artists, promoting cultural events and bringing a variety of fine art to our region.


I have a head full of new and exciting ideas and my personal mission will be to create, promote and inspire, so let the journey begin.

Please don't hesitate to contact me on 0412 554 631 or comms@westrivarts.com.au


Cheers Miriam Rystedt

No comments:

Post a Comment