The exhibition categories are:
- National Farm Art Sculpture Award
The major award is the $10,000 National Farm Art Sculpture Award, sponsored by Lockhart Shire Council. The sculptures should showcase and capture the uniqueness of the Australian landscape, flora, fauna, and lifestyle of living on the land. These sculptures can be created from any medium. It is a non-acquisitive award, and award winners will retain ownership of their artwork. The winning piece must stay on display in the Lockhart Shire for a period of twelve months. The Sculpture must be created predominately from metal and the re-use of old machinery and farm equipment is encouraged.
- Creative Cocky AwardThis award is for art that has to have been made by a practising or retired farmer, that clearly show the origin of the steel. Pieces in this category could be refashioned farm scrap metal, but this is not mandatory. In this prize category 'imagination’ is the goal.
- Local Artist Award For artists who reside within 50 km of Lockhart.
- Small Sculpture Award (
For sculptures of less than one square metre.
- Youth Artist Award
For sculptors who are under 18 years of age.
- Spirit of the Land Award
For a sculpture created from natural elements that reflect the unique Australian landscape.
Please read the Awards Criteria for specific criteria relating to each award.
2. Fine Arts Awards
- Spirit of the Land and its People Award
Open for art works that celebrate the spirit of the land, its people, flora, fauna, and lifestyle of living on the land and their important connection to each other. Any medium excluding photography.
- Open Section AwardThis is an open section and may depict subject matter of the artist’s choice. Any medium excluding photography.
3. Fine Arts Photography Award
- Spirit of the Land Photography Prize
Striking photographic prints encompassing landscape, portrait, and people. The prize will be awarded to the image that best captures “Australian Spirit of the Land”.
Finally, in the sculpture and fine arts exhibitions there are two People’s Choice Awards, one for each
exhibition space, Fine Arts and Sculpture.
Registration is open to emerging and established artists who can exhibit in any or all categories. There is no limitation on the number of entries. Entries close on Friday 30 September.
Installation of artworks will be on Thursday 6 October, judging is on Friday 7 October, and the Festival officially opens on Friday evening with a preview of exhibitions and Awards Presentation evening.
For more information please visit http://www.spiritofthelandlockhart.com.au/