Thursday 18 September 2014

Ann Rayment exhibits in Griffith


One of the Riverina’s well-known artists, Ann Rayment, will officially launch her solo art exhibition called Fragments at the Griffith Regional Theatre on Thursday September 25 at 5:30pm.

Fragments will showcase the Leeton-based artist’s many and varied styles from acrylic to mixed media, pastel to oil, and subjects that range from more traditional portraits and landscapes to the highly abstract.

“While I use a variety of materials and processes in each work, the tools I most enjoy and use are the palette knife and my hands. Using my hands gives me a real freedom, which comes through in my work,” said Ann, whose works feature a dominance of vibrant colours.

“As with many artists, my art will keep evolving. And, as this is the case, I will continue to challenge myself to materialise the visions I carry with me every day,” she added.

Born in Leeton, Ann raised three children and taught at a number of Griffith schools in the '80s and '90s. She is the president of the Leeton Art Society and is involved in a number of community events promoting art in the area.

Ann’s works hang in both private and public collections around Australia. As part of the Western Riverina Arts Trail, Fragments will travel to Leeton in coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment